Spring/summer empties + mini reviews ☼

by - July 20, 2015



Hello! Today I'll be sharing with you some of my most loved (and hated) products for the first half of the year. Some will be repurchased and others will be discarded, even holy grails!

Curious? Keep reading!
Hola! Hoy les compartiré algunos de mis productos mas amados (y odiados) en lo que va del año. Volveré a comprar algunos mientras que otros se irán a la basura, incluso algunos que estaban entre mis favoritos. Quieres saber qué sirve y que no? Sigue leyendo!



From Left to right:
  • Garnier Clean Detox Biphasic Makeup Remover: Claims to remove waterproof makeup and it does (though sometimes with a bit of struggle). Bottle opening is awful and never dispenses the right amount. Not even affordable. Would not repurchase.
  • Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation: Lovely foundation, very light and natural with a dewy finish. Not great for oily skin or strong summer heat. Medium coverage at best. Despite liking it quite a bit, would not repurchase (soon) because I want to try other products.
  • Neutrogena Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover: I have purchased countless bottles of this remover. Effective and gentle. Claims to leave no residue but it does slightly, though I don't mind much. A bit pricey in comparison to other drugstore removers but you can get it for a lot cheaper wholesale at Costco. Would totally repurchase.
De izquierda a derecha:

  • Desmaquillante Bifásico Garnier Clean Detox: Sostiene que remueve maquillaje a prueba de agua y lo hace (aunque con algo de dificultad a veces). La abertura es horrible y nunca te permite sacar la cantidad deseada de producto. No es barato. No lo compraré de nuevo. 
  • Base Revlon Nearly Naked: Muy buena base, natural y ligera. Tiene acabado satinado y cobertura media a lo mucho. No adecuada para piel grasa o climas muy calurosos. Aunque me gustó no la compraré de nuevo pronto ya que quiero probar otras. 
  • Desmaquillante de Ojos Neutrogena Oil-Free: He comprado miles de botellas de este desmaquillante. Efectivo y suave. Dice que no deja residuo aunque si lo hace muy sutilmente, no me molesta. Es un poco más caro que otras marcas de supermercado pero en Costco esta mas barato. Lo volveré a comprar sin falta.
  • Orly Sec 'N Dry Top Coat: Great top coat, it does help to dry polish faster as it claims but doesn't do magic either. Very shinny. Only complaint is the brush, too thin. Would not repurchase (soon) as I wan to try other topcoats.
  • Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Top coat: Best top coat I have ever tried, has a very glossy gel-like finish BUT it goes bad and goopy extremely fast. Went useless with half bottle full. If you paint your nails often I would totally recommend it but in my case I would not repurchase.
  • Maybelline Hydra Extreme Matte Lipstick in Forever Red: This was my favorite red lipstick ever. Matte but not drying. Super cheap. Perfect red for olive skin, got tons of compliments on it. And I say was because sadly I cannot find it anymore and I'm afraid it's discontinued. But if I see it again I will totally repurchase (maybe 20 of them).
  • Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Romantic: Full review here. I love this product, it's super practical and moisturizing. My only complaint is the price. If I see it on sale would totally repurchase. 


  • Orly Sec 'N Dry Top Coat: Excelente top coat, sí ayuda a que el esmalte seque más rápido aunque tampoco hace magia. Muy brillante. Mi única queja es la brocha, demasiado delgada. No la a colveré a comprar pronto porque quiero probar otras marcas. 
  • Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Top Coat: La mejor que he probado, el acabado es muy lustroso y da apariencia a uñas de gel PERO se hecha a perder rapidísimo. Me quedaba la mitad de la botella y ya no servía. Si te pintas las uñas seguido recomendadísima, en mi caso no la volveré a comprar. 
  • Maybelline Hydra Extreme Matte Lipstick en Forever Red: Este era mi labial rojo favorito. Matte pero no reseco. Baratísimo. Tono perfecto para piel morena. Y digo era porque al parecer los descontinuaron, tristemente no lo encuentro por ningún lado. Si lo veo de nuevo sin duda lo volvería a comprar (unos 20 por lo menos).
  • Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain en Romantic: Reseña completa aqui. Me encanta este producto, muy práctico y humectante. Mi única queja es el precio. Si lo veo en oferta lo compraré de nuevo.
  • Tresemmé Thermal Creations Hair Heat Protectant Spray: Great protectant, smells good, reduces frizz and makes hairstyling last longer. Does what it claims, I love this! I'm around my third bottle. Holy grail, would repurchase.
  • Bioré Cleanser and Exfoliator: Full review here. I used to consider these products holy grails. They are amazing at cleaning blackheads and preventing acne. They also leave my face completely clean, shinny and chrome (high five if you got the reference). But they also dry up my skin terribly and I have realized they do more bad than good. So after a bunch of empty bottles, I would not repurchase.  
Hope this was useful! I you want a full review in one of these products just let me know in the comments. Ever tried one of these products?

  • Tresemmé Thermal Creations Spray Protector de Calor: Excelente protector, aroma agradable, me reduce el frizz y hace que me dure más el peinado. Hace lo que dice, me encanta! Este es como mi tercer bote ya. Lo volveré a comprar.
  • Limpiador y Exfoliador Bioré: Reseña completa aqui. Estos estaban dentro de mis productos favoritos. Son buenísmimos en la prevención del acne y limpiando puntos negros. También dejan mi piel completemente limpia. Pero me hdí cuenta que resecan de mas mi piel y eso me hace mas mal que bien. Por lo cual, no creo volver a comprarlos. 
Ojalá esto haya sido de ayuda! Si les gustaría una reseña completa en alguno solo haganmelo saber en los comentarios. Han probado alguno de estos? 

You May Also Like

0 comments