[First impressions] Missha Time Revolution White Cure Special Set

by - January 12, 2016


First impressions Review Missha Time Revolution White Cure Special Set

Hello! Today I have a review I'm very excited to write about, it's about the Missha Time Revolution White Cure Special Set that I started using a while ago. It will be more of a "first impressions" post, since I don't think I have use it long enough to see the long term results. It's also a bit long and picture heavy because it includes several products but I tried to summarize the most possible.

The set comes in a very sturdy and elegant cardboard box, I received it sealed with clear plastic.

¡Hola! Hoy les tengo una reseña que tenía ganas de escribir, se trata de el set Time Revolution White Cure de Missha que empecé a usar hace un rato. Será más como unas "primeras impresiones", ya que no creo haberlo usado lo suficiente como para ver los verdaderos resultados. También será algo larguito ya que vienen varios productos.

El set viene en una caja de cartón resistente y elegante, lo recibí sellado con plástico transparente.
First impressions Review Missha Time Revolution White Cure Special Set

First impressions Review Missha Time Revolution White Cure Special Set
Missha Time Revolution White Cure Special Set: Back of the box detail

Inside we can find: / Dentro podemos encontrar:
  • Time Revolution White Cure Radiance Toner 150ml
  • Time Revolution White Cure Radiance Lotion 130ml
  • Time Revolution White Cure Blanc Control Cream 50ml
  • Time Revolution White Cure Radiance Toner 30ml 
  • Time Revolution White Cure Radiance Lotion 30ml 
  • Time Revolution White Cure Blanc Control Essence 7ml
  • Time Revolution White Cure Blanc Control Cream 10ml 

First impressions Review Missha Time Revolution White Cure Special Set

You don't only save some money in comparison to purchasing the toner, lotion and cream separately but you also get travel versions of each and a sample of the essence.

I got this set because I have some sun damage and this line claims to be "For clear, radiant skin.
Whitening + Brightening + Purifying benefits". The star ingredients are:

1. DN-Aid™
Individual DNA care ingredient created in collaboration with SERO Biologiques of France.

2. White-Cure
Melanin care ingredients of Madagascar island found by the Bayer Ltd that control the melanin formation.

3. White Flower extract (20%)
Extracts of 7 different flowers - Rose, Freesia, Edelweiss, Jasmine, Lily, Iris and Lotus


From the ingredients I could also see there's Niacinamide in them, which is a good ingredient for whitening and brightening. Full ingredient list below:

No sólo ahorras algo de dinero en comparación con la compra del toner, loción y crema por separado, también te dan versiones de viaje de cada uno y una muestra de la esencia.

Escogí este set porque tengo algo de daño solar y esta línea dice ser "Para piel clara y radiante. Blanqueamiento + Purificación + Iluminador". Los ingredientes estrella son:

1. DN-Aid ™
Ingrediente individual de cuidado del ADN creado en colaboración con SERO Biologiques de Francia.

2. White-Cure
Ingredientes para el cuidado de melanina de la isla de Madagascar encontrados por Bayer Ltd que controlan la formación de melanina.

3. Extracto White Flower (20%)
Extractos de 7 flores diferentes - Rosa, Fresia, Edelweiss, Jazmín, Lirio, Iris y Lotus

A partir de los ingredientes también pude ver contienen Niacinamida, el cual es un buen ingrediente para aclarar. Lista de ingredientes completa a continuación:
First impressions Review Missha Time Revolution White Cure Special Set
Missha Time Revolution White Cure Special Set: Full ingredients from box, click for full size

Now let's get into each of the products, I'll start with the toner. Packaging in all of the three full size products feels very luxurious and heavy, the bottle appears to be ceramic and the caps are made of plastic of good quality. I'm very pleased in this aspect, they look really pretty and expensive.

Ahora entremos en cada uno de los productos, empezaré con el toner. El empaque en las tres botellas de tamaño completo se siente muy lujoso y pesado, la botella parece ser de cerámica y las tapas están hechas de plástico de buena calidad. Estoy muy contenta en este aspecto, se ven muy bonitas y caras.
First impressions review missha Time Revolution White Cure Radiance Toner

The toner itself is very watery. It has a very subtle herbal-woody scent that disappears after you apply it, this scent is common in all of the products by the way.

I love how fresh this toner feels on my skin, it adds a bit of moisture but not enough for me unless it's a very hot day. It gives a very subtle amount of glow to my skin and absorbs quickly into my skin with no sticky residue.

El tóner en sí es muy líquido. Tiene un aroma herbal-leñoso muy sutil que desaparece después de aplicarlo, este olor es común en todos estos productos por cierto.

Me encanta lo fresco que este toner se siente en mi piel, añade humectación pero no lo suficiente para mi a menos que sea un día caluroso. Da una cantidad muy sutil de brillo a mi piel y se absorbe rápidamente en la piel sin dejar residuos pegajosos.

First impressions review missha Time Revolution White Cure Radiance Toner

Next the lotion, this one comes with a pump.

A continuación la loción, ésta viene con una bomba.
First impressions review Missha Time Revolution White Cure Radiance Lotion

The product itself has medium thickness, it's your typical light lotion. It's moisturizing enough for my normal skin, I don't need to add anything else unless it's winter when my skin dries up a bit more or I'm using it at night, when I want all of the moisture possible for the next day. I also get a lovely glow after using and no residue.


El producto en sí tiene un espesor medio, el típico de una loción ligera. Hidrata lo suficiente mi piel normal y no necesito añadir nada más a menos que sea invierno, cuando mi piel se reseca un poco más, o durante las noches cuando quiero toda la humectación posible. Deja un muy bonito "brillo" en la piel sin residuos.
First impressions review Missha Time Revolution White Cure Radiance Lotion

Finally the cream. It comes on a tub and a spatula was included (I was going to complain about it because I thought it was missing but I discovered it later hidden in the box after a bunch of uses when I was taking pictures).

Finalmente la crema. Viene en un tarro e incluye una espátula (de la que iba a quejarme porque pensé que no venía pero luego la encontré escondida en la caja mientras tomaba fotos).
First impressions review missha Time Revolution White Cure Blanc Control Cream

The consistency is thicker as expected from a cream and very moisturizing. It does take a bit to absorb (no more than 5 minutes) and leaves no sticky residue. This gives me a lot of glow so I tend to wear it only at night, it adds too much dewiness for me to wear during the day.


La consistencia es más pesada como se espera de una crema y muy hidratante. Tarda un poco en absorber (no más de 5 minutos) y no deja residuos pegajosos. Esta crema me da mucho brillo por lo que no suelo usarla de día y solo por las noches cuando quiero más humectación.
First impressions review missha Time Revolution White Cure Blanc Control Cream

Here are the travel size versions included. I tried the essence and it has a gel-like texture. It's very moisturizing but it takes quite a bit to absorb (still no more than 10 minutes). I find that when I used this the rest of the products (lotion, cream) took longer to absorb and had a bit of a sticky feeling for a while.

Aquí están las versiones mini incluidas. Probé la esencia y tiene una textura como de gel ligero. Es muy hidratante pero tarda en absorber (no más de 10 minutos). Cuando la he usado he notado que el resto de los productos tarda también más en absorber y mi piel queda algo pegajosa por un rato.
First impressions Review Missha Time Revolution White Cure Special Set

For my normal skin, during summer these products give me the perfect amount of moisture. But during winter I'd need to apply them more generously to get the same effect. After using them for a while my skin feels a lot softer and smoother, I love touching it haha. They do add a beautiful glow to your skin but it kind of washes off. I haven't seen anything more than a subtle brightening and whitening, but I think I need to use them more to be able to provide a final verdict. I didn't found it calming or healing, but it doesn't claim to be. It didn't irritate my skin or broke me out, but when I was a bit irritated it did nothing for me aside moisturizing.

To conclude:

✔ What I like:
Beautiful packaging, outstanding ingredients, moisturizing enough for my skin, texture feels a lot softer, they give me a beautiful glow and I find the set version very convenient.

✖ What I don't like:
I need to use more product during winter to receive enough moisture, glow can be a bit too much during very hot days (I'm totally nitpicking here).

♥ Who might (or not) like it:
I'd recommend this for almost all skin types, unless yours is very dry or very oily then it might not work. If you love "glowiness" and beautiful packaging this is for you. The ingredients seem perfect for people looking to lighten sun damage or any other kind of spots or pigmentation. Not recommended if you're looking for something calming, did nothing for me on the matter.

Where to buy: You can get this set at W2Beauty here for $77.59 usd with free shipping and a lots of samples, it's even cheaper than from Missha's website itself. Alternatively you can find it on eBay or Amazon.



Para mi piel normal, durante el verano estos productos me dieron la cantidad perfecta de la humectación. A pesar de esto, durante el invierno había necesidad de aplicarlos con mayor generosidad para conseguir el mismo efecto. Después estarlos usando mi piel se ha sentido mucho más suave. Añaden un bonito brillo, pero se desvanece al lavarme. No he visto nada más que un sutil aclaramiento, pero creo que tengo que usarlos más para poder ofrecer un veredicto final. No es calmante pero no dice serlo. No me irritó ni me causó imperfecciones.

Para concluir:
✔ Lo que me gusta:
Empacado hermoso, ingredientes sobresalientes, hidrata lo suficiente mi piel y su textura se siente más suave, me dan un brillo muy bonito (no grasoso) y me parace que la versión en set es muy conveniente.

✖ Lo que no me gusta:
Tengo que usar más producto durante el invierno para que me humecte lo suficiente, el brillo puede ser demasiado durante días muy calurosos.

♥ A quién podría (o no) gustarle:
Recomendaría este set para casi todo tipo de piel, a menos que seas muy seca o muy grasa, entonces podría no funcionar. Si te gusta tener un "brillo" en tu piel y un empaques bonitos es para ti. Los ingredientes parecen perfectos para personas que buscan aligerar el daño solar o cualquier otro tipo de manchas o pigmentación. No lo recomiendo si lo que buscas es algo calmante, no hizo nada por mí al respecto.

Dónde comprar: Este set esta en venta en W2Beauty aquí por $77.59 usd con muchas muestras y envío gratis, incluso más barato que del sitio web de Missha. Alternativamente lo pueden encontrar en eBay o Amazon.

You May Also Like

0 comments